- My fiction has appeared in the Virginia Quarterly Review, Shenandoah, and other literary journals. In 2021, I was runner-up in the Sewanee Review’s annual fiction contest.
- For The DTM, my coverage of two Black men wrongly accused of committing a random “knockout attack” on a white couple on the Downtown Mall (Gawker), as well as coverage and analysis of the KKK and Unite the Right rallies in August 2017, prompted this from the executive editor of Fast Company Magazine: “good stuff from what seems to be the best news source in Charlottesville.”
- A series of investigative stories I wrote for The Hook on the suicide of Virginia Quarterly Review managing editor Kevin Morrissey (part 2, part 3) attracted national news coverage [ABCNews, NBC Today Show, LA Times, New York Times], led to a national discussion about workplace bullying, and prompted the University of Virginia to launch an initiative to address the issue.
- For TakePart.com, I examined the legacy of sexual assault at UVA, interviewed a young activist in Pakistan trying to end the practice of child marriages, wrote about an animal rights journalist being targeted by the FBI, and covered developments in technology and social justice across Africa.
- Here’s a story I wrote about rock star Dave Matthews and the tragic suicide of a local musician.
- Breaking News: Does anybody know what happened today?
- Retreads prove you’re never too old to love to play ball
- Good vibrations: Music heavies weigh in on the scene
- Under fire: Is the Elks Lodge getting a bad rap?
- Just say know: Tim Wilson wants to change the world– one story at a time
- Rooms with a View: New Monticello boss opens rarely seen rooms
- TechGirls: talented teens from North Africa and the Middle East visit the US
- Robotics classes in Nigeria inspire a new generation
- Making Waves with Surf Therapy in South Africa
- The rewards and challenges of raising grandchildren
- ‘Uncle and maestro’: Remembering George Garrett
- Waste Works lawsuit for dumb-dumbs: or a busy citizens guide to the local waste war
- Stacking the decks: Will new parking decks cure parking woes?
- Myth buster: Bill Lucy asks the hard questions
- Has Charlottesville jumped the shark?
- War Is Not An Accident: A Profile of Radical Pacifist A.J. Muste
- Celebrity Culture in America: Has Personality Finally Replaced Reality?
- 12 Years of Diplomacy: Was the Invasion of Iraq Really a Last Resort or Just Unfinished Business?
- The Reverend Sun Myung Moon: The “King of Peace” or the “King of Hustlers”?
- Organized Evil: Torture in the Middle Ages, Stanley Milgram’s Obedience Experiments, and the Power of Authority Over Conscience
- Seen From Above: An Interview with artist Daniel Kohn
- An interview with New York Times book reviewer Christopher Lehmann-Haupt
on social media
Leave a Reply